As you all aware, there is a fight against Novel Corona Virus pandemic and resulting COVID-19 disease. Many areas are under lockdown, and so is our outlet. Our main aim now is to get rid of this virus by staying at home and staying safe.
Apart from staying at home, our guests and readers have suggested a few more steps to stay safe.
1) You may require to visit nearest fruits and vegetable vendor, or grocery store or even doctor. Or you need to meet someone in your society premises. Just keep in mind that when you arrive from outside, have a bath with hot water and soap and dip your clothes in soapy water.
2) Fruits and vegetables you have purchased immediately dip in soap water and then clean with regular tap water. If you have purchased biscuits or medicine strips which are not to be put in water, then use sanitiser and apply a thin layer of it on the outer wrapper of purchased products.
3) Keep currency notes, coins, credit cards and cheques in one secure place and whenever you happen to touch them do wash your hands or sanitise your hands.
4) If you receive parcel or letter through courier boy or delivery boys of Swiggy, Zomato, rub it with or spray sanitiser on it immediately. Few are ironing the newspaper out.
5) We tend to keep our mobiles, wallets or keys on any surface, so do sanitise them after every few hours.
6) Leave your shoes or chappals outside the house. The study has found that the sole of our footwear has high concentration of coronavirus. As being comparatively heavy the virus settles on the floor. Who wants to get them inside our house?
7) Have a look at the carry bags you are using for purchasing. Do not hoard them, if they are disposables put them in a dustbin, if they are washable do wash them in hot soapy water.
8) Sanitise door knobs, door handles and nearby railings frequently.
9) If your masks are washable, do wash often in soap water.
10) If you are using a handkerchief instead of masks, tighten it. Otherwise, you may need to touch your face frequently to adjust it.
11) When you are outside the house or have arrived home, do not touch your face with bare hands till you take bath.
12) Keep social distance if you go out, maximum time stay home, stay put, stay with your family.
If you have Ruchkars Kulith Pith, Metkut stored, this is the right time to make use of them in your kitchen. You all must be missing your favourite Methi Ladu, Puranpoli, Ukadiche Modak. We promise to bring all these delicious food back once the lockdown is over and our staff is back to work. Till then stay safe.